What is a SMART repair?
SMART repairs (Small to Medium Area Repair Technique) is a series of cosmetic repair techniques that provide cost-effective, quick and environmentally friendly repairs to vehicles. They are specialised methods used to professionally repair minor damage to vehicle body work, without the inconvenience and expense involved with replacing, or respraying multiple panels. Using the same body shop quality paints and materials, infra red drying, and specifically designed spray guns, the damaged area is repaired and blended into the undamaged area, leaving your car as original as possible.
How do you repair scratches and dents?
We carry out all repairs at your home or work address. See below the methods we use to ensure the very best results.
- Your car is covered to ensure the rest of vehicle is protected from any overspray and then a ground sheet is layed down aroound the work area.
- Colour is mixed and matched prior to any work being carried out.
- The panel(s) to be repaired is then cleaned to remove any dirt and waxes.
- Adjacent panels and trims are then masked to protect when sanding and spraying.
- The damaged area is then keyed with abrasive paper and apply filler if needed.
- The area is then masked leaving the repaired area exposed. Primer is then applied, cured and sanded.
- An area to be sprayed is then keyed with fine abrasive.
- Colour is sprayed and blended to ensure a seamless colour match.
- Lacquer is sprayed and faded into the existing paint.
- Area is then cured using infra-red heat lamps and then left to cool.
- The area is lightly sanded to remove any nibs in the paint and polished to a high gloss finish.
Examples of what can be repaired using SMART techniques
- Alloy wheels
- Bumper scuffs
- Trim repairs
- Interior repairs
Why choose MotorCure?
We only use the very best brands in the repair industry! Our service provides you with an efficient and hassle free repair process and we aim to save time and money to get your car looking as good as new again.